A simple list of 5 things I’m enjoying right now.
- Siddhartha by Herman Hesse (free text) – I first read Siddhartha when a friend gave me his copy to borrow during high school. I’ve read it several times since then, almost on a yearly basis. The story is one of the best representations of man’s spiritual journey.
- Betting on Zero documentary – Bill Ackman vs. Herbalife is one of the best Wall Street stories going on right now. I’m on Ackman’s side with this one.
- The Poor Man’s Book of Assistance audio commentary by Hamza Yusuf – This is a great lecture series on Islamic spirituality from one of my favorite people, Hamza Yusuf. I’ve listened to this before and going through it again right now.
- Sandalwood candles from World Market – Got one of these for the home office. It’s awesome.
- Tax Hero episode from Planet Money – This is a good way to celebrate tax week to learn about all the political motivations for making the US tax system ridiculously complicated.